Friday, October 12, 2012

Fire Safety Week and Native Americans

Have your kids come home singing "Native Americans, Three regions in all..."  If so, that's great!  We often use songs in writing, history, and science (and sometimes even math!) to help us learn!  The kids find the familiar tunes very catchy and I sometimes even catch them singing during recess! :)  Our Native American test will be this coming Wednesday.  Students have been hard at work learning about the different tribes.  I hope you found the picture sort that was sent home with the study guide helpful.  There will be a similar sort on their test as well.  Students are very excited about their Native American project and I get updates each day - although some tell me it's a "surprise" which tribe they chose!

This Wednesday, we had the pleasure of seeing firetrucks and firefighters up close and personal! They also brought us gifts in the form of booklets, crayons, and of course, fire hats!  Please go over the fire safety rules with your child, especially about the "meeting place."  I know I'm not always good about talking to my own children about what to do in case of a fire...but its best to be prepared!

Here are some great pictures taken that day - please enjoy!  Also, thanks to the parents who signed up for parent conferences.  If you missed the sheet in your child's folder, and would like a conference, please let me know.  I am also more than willing to do phone conferences to help fit in your busy schedule! 
































No comments:

Post a Comment