Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How's the Weather?

I hope everyone is enjoying their snow days and are safe and sound. My household briefly had no power or phone on Sunday, but fortunately all was restored by Sunday night/Monday morning!

Wow, this has been a crazy week so far, and it's only Tuesday! Happy Groundhog Day to everyone! Not suprisingly, the groundhog saw his shadow, so 6 more weeks of winter (looking outside my window right now, I can definitely see that!). I know for my 9 year old, this has been the most snow he's ever seen in a winter! I am sure the same is for your family!

When we return this week, there will be no Word Study this week. Instead, students will do a review in class. I will say the same for the Reading Log. This is a great time for your child to work on their 6 hours for the "Wild About Reading" (Six Flags) incentive! I have two students who have already completed their reading! This counts as anything reading - magazines, reading to family members, books, etc. The purpose of the program is to promote pleasure reading for kids (hey, it's not just for school assignments!).

Students did a wonderful job on their Famous American projects! I will be posting pictures on the blog of them shortly!

I will be attaching this blog to your child's agenda in lieu of announcements this week, for those that cannot check it online.

So for homework: We will have a brief review of Famous Americans this week and a test, and begin our next Science unit: Life Cycles (plants and animals) 2.4. A study guide will be coming home this week. Again, no word study or reading log for this week (students can work on their "Wild About Reading" 6 hours instead). If you need valentine cards, please let me know. I have a carton filled with boxes donated to our classroom! A class list of first names went home last week with the note.

Enjoy your days and hope to see you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment