Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Will It Ever End?

Wow! I cannot believe we have been snowed in for this long! I hope everyone is safe and warm. My family lost power from Fri night until yesterday evening (Tuesday). I hope everyone else was luckier than we were!!!! I can honestly say that I am tired of snow days and just want to get back to our "regular schedule." I am sure many of you are feeling the same!

With the Winter Olympics starting this Friday, I wanted to share with you the new folder I have placed on our portaportal about it, from the official site to other "kid friendly" sites. Opening ceremonies look to be amazing!

Thank you to one of the parents who emailed me and reminded me about making the Scholastic flyers available online. My apologies about that. It is now up (user name: youel, password: class).

When we return to school, we will be reviewing time for Math and then taking a test on that subject, so that we can begin probability, our next unit. Please practice with your child with the terms "half past", "quarter till" and "quarter after." Those seem to be the terms giving us the most trouble! In Science, we will begin our life cycle unit (study guides to go home as soon as we return). We will be focusing on flowering/fruit plants, frogs, and butterflies. I have posted some links on the portaportal for practice under "plants" and "animals."

Whenever we do return, we are slated for P.E. that day for resource. Even on a two hour delay day, we've been having resource for 30 minutes, starting at 10am.

Don't forget about the 6 hours of reading for the Six Flags reading incentive! If your child finishes, you can email me and I will add their name to the list! So far, we've had two students complete their 6 hours! Congratulations! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment