Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What a fantastic group!

I am so proud of our class and their response to our event yesterday! They stayed calm and really followed directions during and after the earthquake. We were in the middle of our reading group time when the rumbling began. While I know we will all miss each other until we are once again in school, I hope that everyone will stay safe and be ready to go once we are back in school. Many of our students had questions about why and how the earthquake happened. I have created a page on our main wiki called "earthquakes " to help answer any questions as well as resources for teachers and parents to address any questions or fears. I will be adding resources as I find them. Thank you for your support.

I hope to go to our classroom on Thursday and clean up and gather together student belongings. The school will let you know when you can
pick up things but know that it is okay if you would like to leave backpacks, lunchboxes, and folders/agendas until we return!

No comments:

Post a Comment