Friday, September 7, 2012

Week 4

Can you believe we have been in school for 17 days???  I can't believe Interims go home this Wednesday!  Whew!

For a short week, we were very busy!  I am including pictures from one of our donations from Donors Choose which we are using during math to help us count money.  These are "magic boards" (which reminds me a lot of "magna doodles")...the cool thing is that they have "screens" that are pages so students can write on the transparencies, erase, and do it all over again!  It's the little things that are sometimes the most fun, right?  Students have worked together, helping one another, on this concept.  We're also reviewing our calendar skills, as well as our basic facts.


I just realized I've done two weeks of math in our blog, so I'll be sure to try to remember to bring the camera out during our Science time next week!

Don't forget about our "in house" field trip with Jamestown.  This is SUCH a cool thing for students to experience!  (October will be here before we know it!).  Also, coming up a little sooner will be our "Back to School Night" on September 13th.  We will be teaching parents how to play some of the neat games we've learned in math, such as "Tens Go Fish" and "Make 10" as well as "Plus 1 or 2 Bingo."  I hope you can come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment